Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reflection

I have never been a technical person, which is perhaps why I never thought of technology as an important part of teaching. When I remember back to my Primary school days technology was really not part of my classroom, other than the weekly computer class which admittedly was spent playing games.
I have always imagined my own Primary class to be similar to my own memories with technology playing little to no part in my classroom.
It was not until I started my topic of the impact if ICT in education that I realised that technology has become a vital part of my future students lives and should be an important part in my own classroom. Perhaps there is a different and more creative way that I could teach the fundamentals of education then my predecessors.
It has only recently become a real possibility in my mind that classrooms will have laptops for every student rather than books and pens and maybe in 20 years time children will not be learning to read using paper books but rather from technologies similar to kindles and Ipads.
For this reason I feel that it is important that teachers are educated on how to use such technologies and how to integrate these into their classrooms so that their teaching practice can improve and become enhanced by digital technologies rather than be hindered by technologies emerging.
In saying this I do feel that some of the "traditional" technologies such as "the chalkboard", now known as the "whiteboard" will still remain in our classrooms, as smartboards are too difficult to write basic notes and diagrams on. For this reason I feel that some of these traditional technologies will still remain in classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment